Thursday, January 12, 2012

Essential Item: Emergen-C (your vitamins)

emergenc.com
Everyone has their hangover cure.  I don't drink enough to have a cure, but when I'm up for 18 hours straight all go-go-go, with the bright lights, noise, and excitement, this sure helps me in the morning.  Basically, Emergen-C is just a ton of vitamin C and other vitamins, kinda like what you would find in a daily multivitamin.  Its in powdered form, and you just add it to your glass of water and stir.  It has that alka-selter reaction with the water and makes a bit of a fizzy drink.  It comes in different flavors, and the Super Orange reminds me of Orange Tang from when I was a little kid.  After trying Emergen-C when I had an awful cold, I became hooked.  Now, I take it whenever I feel under the weather or after a very long, tiring, and stressful day.  I honestly think its the B vitamins and electrolytes that make me feel so much better in such a short amount of time.  We pack about 10 of these to share between my boyfriend and I on a 3 night trip to Vegas.  If we don't go through them all, that's great.  But, it sucks when you have to go to the sundries shop to buy two for $3.  I don't recommend taking more than two of these in one day, there is 1,000 mg of Vitamin C in each one, and too much Vitamin C isn't good for you, either (always talk to your doctor and read the label first.) They are easy to find at Walgreens or your local drugstore in the vitamin section.  Amazon.com also sells them in many different flavors in different sized packs.  At my local store, I can find these in a 30 pack for about $10.  For those that just want to try it, I believe they have a 10 pack at Walgreens for about $5. 

HINT: Before you retire for the night in Vegas, grab a small bottle of water from the drink bunny (and don't forget to tip her $1).  Bottled water can cost $3-$5 at the food shops and sundry stores.  These are smaller, but perfect to go to your room with.  In the morning, then you have some drinking water to take your Emergen-C!

No comments:

Post a Comment