Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Best Days of the Week

I know most of us have either little vacation time, no vacation time, or don't want to use vacation time if we don't have to.  Granted, it would be nice to leave after work on Friday, party it up all Saturday and come home on a Sunday evening to make it back to work by Monday...with no time lost.  In reality, though, I have found that going on a weekend is crazy busy.  For those that like the crammed feeling of sardines in a can, thats fine and the perfect time for you to go.  On the other hand, I like being able to get a seat at a table or play a specific slot game.  Going during the week can make this possible.  The other benefit to going during the week are prices.  Some places, like clubs, restaurants and even spas offer reduced prices during the week. 
Personally, my ideal timeframe for our Vegas trips are leaving on a Monday or Tuesday (so we arrive around 10 am...and I will talk about that in another post!) and getting home on Thursday afternoon.  I love the slowness of arriving on midmorning Monday...being able to check in, relax for a bit, go down to the main floor and peruse the tables and games, and grab a leasurely bite to eat...all without feeling like I am packed in a shopping mall the week before Christmas.  Yes, its slower.  Yes...Its SLOWER!  I feel like I have Vegas to myself!  I can walk around...I can play any game... there are people there, and its still busy, but we don't have to wait for a table if we decide to eat before a show.  We aren't waiting an hour for a taxi (and that did happen to us before on a weekend).  The airport isn't as crowded.  The pool isn't so busy.  The downside?  Well, its not crazy stupid during the week like you see in the movies (The Hangover).  Most shows are dark (closed) on one weekday, usually its Monday or Tuesday.  It may be easier to get into a dance club (if you want to go).  The drink ladies don't come around as often during weekdays (but I have a solution to that in a later post).  Other than that, I prefer and always want to go during the week.  I feel you still do get that "action packed" feeling of being in Vegas at night, with the benefits of taking your time during the day. 

If you are a glutton for punishment, though...by all means, fly in on a Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment